Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Where you come from



I found these old photos of Mike and I as kids while cleaning out my old laptop. I think Mike is wearing his dad's robe and using his cane in that shot. For the longest time I thought he was holding a rifle...but thank goodness I was wrong. The shot of me is probably the only time I've ever worn a bikini. I remember that bikini. I remember thinking it was a Wonder Woman costume.

I often wonder how Rowan got to be so darn cute but I guess his dad and I were pretty good looking kids too. Luckily Rowan seems to have inherited all of our best attributes.

I just hope he doesn't get my fair skin. Every childhood beach memory I have is paired with memories of being smothered in aloe or menthol shaving cream to take the sting of my third degree sunburn away. Blisters, peeling skin, not wanting to bend my legs because the backs of my knees were so burnt that every step was excruciating. I never want Rowan to endure any of that.

No comments: