Saturday, September 5, 2009

Rowan's words

Every day Rowan picks up a new word - or so it seems. Here's a list of what he's saying these days:

Mama, Daddy, Puppa (this one's new), Pie!, Nenu (Nana), Hi, Bye-bye!, Up!, Bub (aka. Boob), Baby, Cup, More, Balloon, Please, Woof, Moo, Rawr, Quack, WowWow (for wow wow wubzy his favorite cartoon), Babble (apple), and I'm sure there's a few more too.

My favorite thing right now is the way I trick him into saying words. I pretend to have a microphone in my hand and first I saw the word into the mic and then I hold the mic up to Rowan's mouth and he talks into it. This is how I got him to say "please" for the first time. It turns out he knows how to say a lot more than we thought, he just chooses not to talk much. Let's hope he still feels this way when he's 13.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great update. We miss you all. If I could get your dad on a plane we might come see you in the Spring. We miss have bright and friendly he is. Love you all.